Dear Community Partners,
Beginning June 5, 2017, Jumpstart will be accepting applications for The Big Play, which is an initiative between Jumpstart Charities and The Hockey Canada Foundation to get 30,000 kids into minor hockey. Parents or guardians who inquire about funding for hockey for their children should be directed to apply online at jumpstart.canadiantire.ca for funding through The Big Play if they qualify for financial assistance. You cannot create a manual submission for them for this funding. Some important points to note regarding The Big Play funding criteria:
- Hockey programs must be offered at a hockey league or association that is registered with Hockey Canada.
- Funding is for up to $500 per child as opposed to the current maximums imposed nationally or by your Chapter.
- Should a child receive funding through this program, it will count towards their maximum $600 funding for the year, which means that they will be able to access up to $100 more to support them in another activity.
- Funds for The Big Play are for registration and equipment only.
- While our focus is on House League, Rec players and players new to the game, for the purposes of The Big Play program, if children and families meet Jumpstart’s eligibility requirements, participation in a Select, Rep, or Elite hockey league would be supported by The Big Play program funding.
- Funds will not come out of your Chapter budget. An alternate national The Big Play budget has been established that will be managed by Jumpstart.
- When the money in The Big Play fund has been exhausted, parents will no longer be able to submit applications for The Big Play funding. However, they will still be able to submit an application for hockey following the established application process.
We look forward to another successful launch of The Big Play program in June. Should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Manager.