Saturday, August 13th
- Teams use washers provided, do not bring from home
- Teams will use the sets and score keepers provided
- Teams report their own scores to the score keeper tent at the end of each game in a timely fashion
- Fair play is expected
Washer Toss Tournament Rules
• Teams of 2
• 3 Washers per team thrown consecutively
• Thrown from behind front edge of box
• Games go to 21 (First to 21, you do NOT have to win by 2, and you do NOT have to land exactly on 21)
• Points cancel each round (only one team scores per round)
• A round ends after all 6 washers have been thrown.
• Washers outside the box do not count for any points.
• In the box = 2 points
• In the pipe = 3 points
• “Pipe Rules” Means a pipe cancels opponents boxes. Please see scoring examples below to understand this rule.
• A washer that remains on the ledge of the box after all 6 washers have been thrown shall be treated as if it is in the box and is worth 2 points
• Overhand throws ARE allowed. .
• Points are tallied after all 6 washers have been thrown and come to rest
Scenario 1: Red has 1 in the Pipe, 0 in the box —- White has 3 in the box = 3 points red
Scenario 2: Red has 1 in the Pipe, 2 in the box —–White has 1 in the box = 5 points Red
Scenario 3: Red has 2 in Pipe, 1 in box —–White has 1 Pipe, 2 box = 3 Points Red
Scenario 4 : Red has 1 in the Pipe, 1 Box —–White 1 Pipe, 2 in the box = 2 Points for White (as all cancels except for the one extra white box)